Wednesday 29 August 2012

Stash raiding part 2

Whilst I was cutting my fabric collection up the other day I came across a book of silk samples that I had been given a year or so ago. I had forgotten all about them so it was a lovely surprise to find them at the bottom of my fabric drawer. Since I had been cutting everything up and making it into a quilt top I thought I would use the silk samples and patch them into a large multi coloured random quilt top - here it is! The fabrics are really beautiful and there are some really bright pinks and turquoises amongst them - I think they look ok together and once I have found something for the backing fabric I can begin quilting it. My aim is to hand quilt both these fabric stash quilts and my fingers are itching to get stuck in so I suppose that means I will have to go fabric shopping for backing and bindings! The start of my new fabric stash perhaps....

No comments:

Post a Comment