Thursday 14 June 2012

Memory quilts

I have been working on a memory quilt today which is to be a gift from a daughter to her much loved mum on a special birthday. We have incorporated favourite sayings and lovely quotes, hand prints, pockets to fill with messages and the centre panel is an embroidered family tree. It has been a very busy and long day but I have been stitching with a lump in my throat at times thinking of the lucky recipient and how she will feel looking at all these lovely memories and thoughts that her daughter holds of her. It also struck me what a powerful thing a quilt can be - not only will the recipient be able to read the messages of love but she will be able to wrap herself up in them as well. I will post some photos in a few days but really want to let my customer see the quilt top before I share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment